Qualifications for Designation as Analyst Regulations (Cannabis): SOR/2018-146
Canada Gazette, Part II, Volume 152, Number 14
June 27, 2018
P.C. 2018-950 June 26, 2018
Her Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Health, pursuant to subsection 139(1) of the Cannabis Act footnote a, makes the annexed Qualifications for Designation as Analyst Regulations (Cannabis).
Qualifications for Designation as Analyst Regulations (Cannabis)
1 An individual must have the following qualifications in order to be designated as an analyst under section 130 of the Cannabis Act:
- (a) a degree in a science related to the work to be carried out
- (i) awarded by a Canadian university, or
- (ii) if awarded by a foreign university, that is recognized by a Canadian university or a Canadian professional association; or
- (b) a combination, sufficient to perform the duties of the position, of
- (i) work experience relevant to the duties of an analyst, and
- (ii) formal education in a science related to the work to be carried out or other training related to that work.
Coming into Force
S.C. 2018, c. 16
2 These Regulations come into force on the day on which subsection 204(1) of the Cannabis Act comes into force, but if they are registered after that day, they come into force on the day on which they are registered.
N.B. The Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement for these Regulations appears at page 2803, following SOR/2018-144.