Canada Gazette, Part I, Volume 151, Number 28: Regulations Defining “EU country or other CETA beneficiary”
July 15, 2017
Department of Finance
REGULATORY IMPACT ANALYSIS STATEMENT
For the Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement, see the CETA Rules of Origin Regulations.
PROPOSED REGULATORY TEXT
Notice is given that the Governor in Council, pursuant to section 49.9 (see footnote a) of the Customs Tariff (see footnote b), proposes to make the annexed Regulations Defining “EU country or other CETA beneficiary”.
Interested persons may make representations concerning the proposed Regulations within 15 days after the date of publication of this notice. All such representations must cite the Canada Gazette, Part I, and the date of publication of this notice, and be addressed to Brad Norwood, International Trade Policy Division, Department of Finance, 90 Elgin Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0G5 (email: email@example.com).
Ottawa, July 13, 2017
Assistant Clerk of the Privy Council
Regulations Defining “EU country or other CETA beneficiary”
1 For the purposes of the Customs Tariff, EU country or other CETA beneficiary means a country or territory set out in the schedule to these Regulations.
Coming into Force
2 These Regulations come into force on the day on which section 97 of the Canada–European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement Implementation Act, chapter 6 of the Statutes of Canada, 2017, comes into force, but if they are registered after that day, they come into force on the day on which they are registered.
- Czech Republic
- Denmark, excluding the Faroe Islands and Greenland
- Finland, including the Åland Islands
- France, including French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, Réunion, Saint Barthélemy and Saint Martin, and excluding French Polynesia, the French Southern and Antarctic Territories, New Caledonia and Dependencies, Saint Pierre and Miquelon and the Wallis and Futuna Islands
- Germany, including the island of Heligoland and the territory of Büsingen
- Greece, including Mount Athos
- Italy, including the municipalities of Livigno and Campione d'Italia and the Italian waters of Lake Lugano
- Netherlands, excluding Aruba, Curaçao, Sint Maarten and Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
- Portugal, including the Azores and Madeira
- San Marino
- Spain, including Ceuta and Melilla and the Canary Islands
- United Kingdom, including the Channel Islands, Gibraltar, Isle of Man and the Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, and excluding Anguilla, the British Antarctic Territory, the British Indian Ocean Territory, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, the Falkland Islands, Montserrat, Pitcairn, Saint Helena and Dependencies (Ascension Island and Tristan Da Cunha), South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands and the Turks and Caicos Islands