ARCHIVED — Vol. 147, No. 17 — April 27, 2013
Saskatchewan Canaryseed Order
Agricultural Products Marketing Act
Farm Products Council of Canada
REGULATORY IMPACT ANALYSIS STATEMENT
For the Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement, see New Brunswick Blueberry Order.
Notice is given that the Governor in Council, pursuant to section 2 (see footnote a) of the Agricultural Products Marketing Act (see footnote b), proposes to make the annexed Saskatchewan Canaryseed Order.
Interested persons may make representations concerning the proposed Order within 30 days after the date of publication of this notice. All such representations must cite the Canada Gazette, Part Ⅰ, and the date of publication of this notice, and be addressed to Pierre Bigras, Manager-Regulatory Affairs, Farm Products Council of Canada, Central Experimental Farm, Building 59, 960 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0C6 (tel.: 613-759-1555; fax: 613-759-1566; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ottawa, April 18, 2013
Assistant Clerk of the Privy Council
SASKATCHEWAN CANARYSEED ORDER
1. The following definitions apply in this Order.
“Act” means The Agri-Food Act, 2004, S.S. 2004, c. A-15.21. (Loi)
“canaryseed” means any seed from the canaryseed plant Phalaris canariensis that is produced in Saskatchewan. (graine à canaris)
“Commodity Board” means the Canaryseed Development Commission of Saskatchewan constituted in accordance with the Act. (Office)
“Supervisory Board” means the Agri-Food Council continued by the Act. (Organisme de surveillance)
INTERPROVINCIAL AND EXPORT TRADE
2. The Commodity Board and the Supervisory Board are authorized to regulate the marketing of canaryseed in interprovincial and export trade and, for that purpose, with respect to persons and property situated within Saskatchewan, to exercise all or any powers like the powers exercisable by them in relation to the marketing of canaryseed locally within the province under the Act.
LEVIES AND CHARGES
3. The Commodity Board and the Supervisory Board, in relation to the powers granted to them by section 2 with respect to interprovincial and export trade, are authorized to
- (a) fix, impose and collect levies or charges from persons within Saskatchewan who are engaged in the production or marketing of canaryseed and, for those purposes, to classify those persons into groups and fix the levies or charges payable by the members of the different groups in different amounts; and
- (b) use the levies or charges for their purposes, including the creation of reserves, the payment of expenses and losses resulting from the sale or disposal of any canaryseed and the equalization or adjustment among canaryseed producers of money realized from the sale of canaryseed during any period that they may determine.
COMING INTO FORCE
4. This Order comes into force on the day on which it is registered.