Order Amending the General Import Permit No. 81 — Specialty Steel Products: SOR/2019-318
Canada Gazette, Part II, Volume 153, Number 18
SOR/2019-318 August 26, 2019
EXPORT AND IMPORT PERMITS ACT
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, pursuant to subsections 8(1.1) footnote a and 10(1) footnote b of the Export and Import Permits Act footnote c, makes the annexed Order Amending the General Import Permit No. 81 — Specialty Steel Products.
Ottawa, August 23, 2019
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Order Amending the General Import Permit No. 81 — Specialty Steel Products
1 The heading before section 3 and sections 3 and 4 of the General Import Permit No. 81 — Specialty Steel Products footnote 1 are replaced by the following:
Terms and Conditions
3 A resident of Canada who imports goods under the authority of this Permit must
- a) within 10 days after receipt of a request from the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development, provide to the Department the documents and records referred to in section 4 in respect of any import made during the period specified in the request;
- b) at all reasonable times
- (i) make the documents and records referred to in section 4 available for inspection by any persons authorized by the Minister, and
- (ii) provide to those persons all reasonable assistance to facilitate the inspection of those documents and records; and
- c) provide to the Department any documents and records necessary for making a determination on the country of origin, import value, or quantity of the imported specialty steel products, within the time period specified by the Department.
Documents and Records
4 A resident of Canada who imports goods under this Permit must retain, for a period of six years after the year in which the import is made, documents and records containing the following information:
- (a) the name and address of the importer or consignee;
- (b) proof of Canadian residency;
- (c) the date of entry of the goods into Canada;
- (d) the quantity, expressed in kilograms, of the goods;
- (e) the country from which the goods are imported;
- (f) the country of origin of the goods;
- (g) the shipping document with freight and other transportation costs indicated separately;
- (h) the tariff classification of the goods indicated in the List of Tariff Provisions set out in the schedule to the Customs Tariff;
- (i) the import value in Canadian dollars; and
- (j) a detailed description of the goods.
Coming into Force
2 This Order comes into force on the day on which it is registered.
N.B. The Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement for this Order appears following SOR/2019-317, Order Amending the General Import Permit No. 80 — Carbon Steel.