Surtax on the Importation of Certain Steel Goods Remission Order: SOR/2019-315
Canada Gazette, Part II, Volume 153, Number 18
SOR/2019-315 August 23, 2019
P.C. 2019-1267 August 21, 2019
Her Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Finance, pursuant to section 115 footnote a of the Customs Tariff footnote b makes the annexed Surtax on the Importation of Certain Steel Goods Remission Order.
Surtax on the Importation of Certain Steel Goods Remission Order
Remission of surtax
1 (1) Subject to subsection (2), remission is granted of the surtax, or any portion of the surtax, paid under the Order Imposing a Surtax on the Importation of Certain Steel Goods in respect of
- (a) the goods described in paragraphs 1(c) to (i) of the schedule to that Order; and
- (b) the goods expressly excluded from item 2 of the schedule to that Order.
(2) The remission referred to in subsection (1) is granted on condition that
- (a) no other claim for relief of the surtax, or the portion of the surtax, as applicable, has been granted under the Customs Tariff in respect of those goods; and
- (b) a claim for remission is made by the importer to the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness within two years after the date of the importation of those goods.
Coming into Force
2 This Order comes into force on the day on which it is registered.
N.B. The Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement for this Order appears following SOR/2019-313, Order Amending the Order Imposing a Surtax on the Importation of Certain Steel Goods (Exclusions).