Canada Gazette, Part I, Volume 154, Number 38: ORDERS IN COUNCIL
September 19, 2020
PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY OF CANADA
Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States)
P.C. 2020-162 March 22, 2020
Notice is hereby given that the notice bearing the above-mentioned title published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Vol. 154, No. 14, Saturday, April 4, 2020, on page 748, contained errors.
Paragraphs 3(1)(n) and 3(1)(o) should have been written as follows:
- (n) a person who arrives by means of an aircraft, if the scheduled arrival in Canada according to the flight plan is no later than the day following the day on which this Order is made; or
- (o) a person who arrives by means of a vessel as defined in section 2 of the Canada Shipping Act, 2001, if the vessel departed no later than the day on which this Order is made and had a scheduled destination of Canada upon its departure.
Subsection 3(2) should be replaced with the following:
Exception — signs and symptoms
(2) Despite subsection (1), a person who is referred to in paragraphs (1)(a), (c) to (i) or (k) to (o) is prohibited from entering Canada from a foreign country other than the United States if they exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- (a) a fever and cough; or
- (b) a fever and breathing difficulties.
The following subsection 3(3) should have been included:
Exception — optional or discretionary purpose
(3) Despite subsection (1), a person referred to in paragraph (1)(a), (d) to (f) or (k) or subparagraph (1)(l)(i) who seeks to enter Canada for an optional or discretionary purpose, including tourism, recreation and entertainment, is prohibited from entering Canada from a foreign country other than the United States.
Section 6 should have been written as follows:
6 This Order has effect for the period beginning on the day on which it is made and ending on June 30, 2020.